Automation University - Rockwell - Siemens - Cisco - Emerson
Welcome to Automation University
We want to buy Rockwell, Siemens and Cisco automation equipment
and software for your company and clients' automation and process
We put together a free software evaluation system, which allows you
to program and test run a sample project on a simulator or live PLC
and HMI. Learn the differences in software, PLCs and equipment.
Learn Cisco Industrial Networking and how to use Cisco networking
equipment for automation networking with the Rockwell and Siemens
PLCs, remote I/O, VFD drives and servo drives.
Learn Cisco by using Packet Tracer 7.0 or The student version 6.2 of
Packet Tracer. Learn to program the standard switches and routers you
will be using on the plant floor or in the factory. Packet Tracer uses
the real-time operating system revision found in the equipment.
We have included videos and documentation to teach you. You should
be able to pass the CISCO / Rockwell certifications upon completion:
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist or CCNA Industrial
The Automation University Evaluation Package:
The Evaluation Package is Shown Below:
Minimum Requirements for the Evaluation Package...
Do Not Upgrade the Operating Systems! This software will only run on Windows 7 (Not 8.1 or 10)
- You must meet minimum requirements. Only Tested on these Dell computers.
- 100GB (gigabyte) hard disk and 2 gigabytes of memory. (120GB or larger recommended if you are adding more programs)
- Monitor with 1280 x 1224 minimum, 1920 x 1080 highly recommended.
- Monitor that is touchscreen is highly recommended.
- Dell Optiplex FX 160, Optiplex 960 series, Vostro 420 series.
- Intel Network port is recommended and a serial port should be included.
- May work on other computers, but not tested. Windows will activate automatically.
- Do not turn on updates or use a virus program as this may affect the software activation.
- This evaluation package should be run on an independent computer as a process controller.
- The Rockwell package uses a SoftPLC - SoftLogix 5800 on the computer (can use real EtherNet I/O)
- The Siemen package uses a Simulate SoftPLC - (A test PLC or Microbox 427C can be bought on EBay for about $120 to $250).
How to Download and Install the Evaluation Package...
Download the Evaluation Package...
- You will need R-Drive version 6 (free demo) to restore the evaluation package.
- You will need Easus Partition Manager(free for home use) to expand or shrink hard drive.
- Your need to download the 18 each 2 gigabyte B1 and 1 each 1 gigabyte files from the Mega Cloud Server.
- You will need B1 Archive Manager (free) to extract or expand the files for installation (restore to the hard drive).
Download from the Learn Control Systems Website or go to the official web sites for the latest versions:
R-Drive Backup and Restore CD version 6 (free demo)
R-Drive version 6-Boot Computer and Restore Disk.iso (Licensed so it never expires)
Note: If new installation be sure to copy the "Boot" partition first then the Automation university partition.
If Windows 7 is already installed - then copy the Automation University partition over the old one.
IMPORTANT!!! - All data and file will be permanently erased from the disk.
Use R-Drive and make a backup of your drive first if you need to restore that drive or restore some of the old files.
Easus Partition Manager(free for home use) use to expand, shrink and create new partitions
Note: Decline addition Easus software if wanted (toto backup)
Microsoft Security Essential(Antivirus for Windows 7 - Defender is only for Win 8.1 and 10)
B1 Archive Manager (free full offline package)
Setting Up a Dual Boot Systems...
List of Acceptable known computers...
!!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE: !!!!
- Dell Optiplex 960 (Prefered wih a Windows 7 COA sticker- Can be purchased on EBay for $45 to $100)
- Dell Optiplex 790
- Dell Optiplex (Any Newer Series)
- Dell Vostro 400 series
- Dell Optiplex FX160 (very slow video for streaming- not recommemed)
A VMware 10 Virtual Machine is comming this Sunday 6-4-2017...
Run Automation University on any Dell Computer operating systems, including Windows 10!
Any questions about the installation email:  email@example.com
I will expand on the installation with more pictures and videos soon!